Montag, 31. Januar 2011

Roadtrip 2nd edition and Abel Tasman National Park

Dear Friends and Followers around the world,

considering all the international friends I have (made) and my highest trust in my fellow-Germans abilities to interpret the English language I shall from now forth continue this blog in English.

Back in Queenstown, about 2 weeks ago I teamed up with two fellow travelers: Oran from England and Anne from Germany and we started a massive road-trip (the more consequent followers of this blog might remember my last road-trip through the national parks of the US), beginning in Milford Sound. A silent and wet world of cold rain-forests, fur seals and waterfalls. It feels like nothing has changed there since the dawn of men: lush and untouched! We did a small cruise down the sound and got pretty much soaked when the captain steered the boat under one of the waterfalls. From there we started up the westcoast: Hiked up to a lookout over Franz Josefs Glacier (one of the few glaciers worldwide, that is situated in a rainforest). Then we spent a rather wild night in Hokitika (including a remarkable drumperformance by Oran during a concert) and a great night on the beach of Hector (even though, truth be told: Anne did not make it and had to take shelter in the car to avoid frostbite or worse). Finally we ended up back in Nelson and I finally got to go to Abel Tasman National Park.

I stayed there for two nights and spend two days hiking and one day kayaking. It was great: golden beaches, small cozy campgrounds, fantastic sunrise ... just check out some of my photos and you might get an idea. After I was back I spent another night in Marahau and was off to Auckland to get my flight to Ho-Chi-Minh City in Vietnam. Right now I am in Sydney at the Airport and am still slightly enraged by the fact that I had to pay 5,50 (in words: five fifty) Australian Dollars for the bus from terminal 1 to terminal 2, which was only payable in cash so I had to get money from an ATM (minimum withdrawal: 20 bucks) ... grmpf. What ever, the next adventure awaits me! :)

Pictures!

See you soon
Jonas

1 Kommentar:

  1. well at least you had 20$ in you account. didn't sound like it last week ;)

    AntwortenLöschen